LEMON SOLE EN PAPILLOTE
- 2 small carrots peeled a few rosemary sprigs – leaves only 2 small leeks – white part only a few thyme sprigs 4-5 garlic cloves (unpeeled) – halved a few dill sprigs Olive oil, to drizzle 3-4 spring onions, trimmed 8 skinned lemon sole fillets about 150-175 g each Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper about 100 ml dry white wine
Heat oven to 200˚C/Gas 6. Cut out eight large squares of baking parchment, measuring about 30x30cm
· Thinly slice the carrots, leeks and spring onions on the diagonal. Tip the vegetables and garlic into a bowl, add the rosemary and thyme and toss to mix. Scatter the mixture in neat piles in the centre of four of the parchment sheets.
· Season each sole fillet with salt and pepper and place a few dill sprigs on top. Roll up the fillets, enclosing the dill and place two rolled fillets on each pile of vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
· Place another sheet of paper on top of each parcel and, use short folds secure the edges to seal in the fish and vegetables. When you’ve reached the last fold, carefully pour in a generous splash of wine and a little water. Seal the parcels and place on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish feels firm in the middle.
· Lift the parcels onto warm, large plates. Bring to the table and cut a cross in the centre of the parchment with kitchen scissors to open the parcels. Accompany with French beans and sautéed potatoes.