PLAICE FILLETS WITH NUT-BROWN CAPER BUTTER
- 1 plaice fillet cut in half salt and freshly ground black pepper 3 tbsp. plain flour 2 tbsp. olive oil FOR THE CAPER BUTTER 25g butter ½ lemon zest and juice 1 tbsp. capers, drained 1 tbsp. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley FOR THE CREAMED CABBAGE ½ onion peeled, finely chopped ¼ Savoy cabbage shredded 200 ml double cream 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· Season the plaice with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
· Dredge the fish in the flour, shaking off any excess.
· Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the plaice fillets skin-side down for 3-4 minutes.
· Turn over and cook for a further -2 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest on a warm plate.
· Heat the butter and lemon zest in the frying pan used to cook the fish, stirring until the butter is melted an turns a nut-brown colour. Remove from the heat and stir in the capers, parsley and lemon juice.
· for the creamed cabbage, place all of the cabbage ingredients into a pan and bring to simmer. Cook for 8-10 minutes over a low heat or until the cabbage is tender.
· to serve, spoon the creamed cabbage on a plate, arrange the plaice fillet pieces on top and spoon over the caper butter.