- 500 ml Chicken stock Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper 4 tbsp. olive oil 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped 1 tsp. ground cumin 1 tsp. ground coriander 1½ tsp. mild curry powder few thyme sprigs, leaves only 200g basmati rice 20 large tiger prawns TO SERVE – wilted spinach
· Heat oven to 200˚ C/ Gas 6. Cut a circle of baking paper big enough to generously cover a wide ovenproof pan. Fold in half and then in half again cutting the centre tip to create a steam hole.
· Bring the stock to the boil in another pan
· Heat the olive oil in the ovenproof pan and add the onion, garlic, spices and thyme. Stir over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, then tip in the rice and stir well. Add some salt and pepper and toast the rice or a minute
· Pour in the boiling stock and quickly arrange the prawns on top of the rice in a single layer. Lay the baking paper on top to cover, then transfer the pan to the oven.
· Leave the pilau to stand still covered with the paper for 5 minutes before serving, with wilted spinach