RAINBOW TROUT FILLET WITH PINE NUT CRUST AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
- 55 g pine nuts 1 tbsp. olive oil 1 rainbow trout halved 15 g butter ½ lemon, juice only For the spicy tomato sauce 1 tbsp. Olive oil 1 garlic clove, finely chopped ½ onion, finely chopped 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped Freshly ground black pepper 2 tbsp. white wine 1 handful fresh basil, torn
Heat the oven to 180˚C/Gas 4
· For the trout with pine nut crust, place the pine nuts in a food processor or mini blender and pulse until roughly chopped. Spread out on a tray and roll the trout fillet pieces in the nuts.
· Heat the oil and butter in a small frying pan and fry the trout for about four minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crisp. Add the lemon juice at the end, allowing it to slightly reduce in the pan.
· For the spicy tomato sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft.
· Add the chilli and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
· Add the chopped tomatoes, season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and turn up the heat until the tomatoes are cooking down and the sauce is bubbling.
· Add the white wine and cook for a further two minutes. Reduce the heat and put a lid on the pan.
· Cook for a further five minutes, or until the tomatoes are cooked down. Finally sir in the torn basil leaves.
· Using a hand blender, process the sauce until smooth, adding more salt and freshly ground black pepper if required.
· To serve, place the trout halves on a platter and spoon over the sauce. Garnish with a sprig of dill.