- 200 g Salmon fillet, skin and any pins removed 450 g mashed potato Zest of 1 lemon 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley1tbsp. Chopped fresh dill Vegetable oil to grease 3 tbsp. plain flour 1 egg beaten 100 g dried breadcrumbs Salad leaves, to serve
· Flake the salmon and mix with the mashed potato, lemon zest and fresh herbs. Season with black pepper and mix well.
· Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into round patties. Place on a plate, cover and chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
· Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4. Grease a baking tray with oil.
· Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into three separate, shallow bowls.
· Remove the fishcakes from the fridge and dip each into the flour.
· Shake off any excess flour, then dip into the egg and finally coat in the breadcrumbs.
· Place the fishcakes on the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden on the outside. Serve with salad leaves