SMOKED MACKEREL AND POTATO BAKE
- 700g potatoes cut into 3 cm cubes 1 small onion thinly sliced 25 g butter 200 g smoked mackerel 2 tbsp. chopped dill 150ml double cream 100 ml fish stock 2 tbsp. creamed horseradish
· Heat oven to 200C/Gas 6. Cook the potatoes and onion in boiling, salted water for 6-7 mins until almost tender. Drain well.
· Grease a 20 x 20 cm baking dish with a little butter, then arrange the potatoes in it.
· Break the fish into chunky pieces, discarding any skin and bones. Tuck the pieces in and around the potatoes, then scatter over the dill. Whisk the cream, stock and horseradish together and season. Pour over the potatoes.
· Dot the remaining butter over the top, then bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
· Serve with a green salad.