SMOKED SALMON & HORSERADISH CRÈME FRAICHE WITH POTATO SALAD
- 6oo g new potatoes, washed sea salt Freshly ground black pepper 1 lemon zest and juice 1 splash red wine vinegar extra virgin oil 2 tbsp. capers, soaked and drained 3 cm fresh, or jar grated horseradish - to taste 150 ml crème fraiche 1 small bunch fresh dill roughly chopped 400 g sliced smoked salmon
· Pick out the larger potatoes and halve them, making them roughly the same size as the smaller ones. Put all the potatoes into a pan of boiling salted water. Boil for 15 – 20 minutes until the potatoes are just cooked, and drain in a colander.
· Put the lemon zest and half the lemon juice into a bowl and add the vinegar. Pour in three times as much olive oil as vinegar, and add the capers. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Mix everything well, then add the warm potatoes and toss around until they are all well coated.
· Finely grate the horseradish into a bowl, or if using a jar, - be confident with the amount you use as you need the heat to go with the salmon and potatoes -, and mix it into the crème fraiche with the remaining lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Sprinkle most of the dill over the cooked potatoes and toss again.
· Lay your smoked salmon out in a big plate or platter and pile the dressed potatoes on top. Dollop the horseradish crème fraiche over the top and drizzle with some olive oil, then scatter the rest of the dill over the platter.